FULL NAME: Ranjib Biswal
NICK NAME: Gopi
BORN: September 21, 1970 in Cuttack, Odisha
FAMILY: Youngest son of politician Late Basant Biswal.
MARITAL STATUS: Married to Anita Mohanty.
PERMANENT ADDRESS: Raja Bagicha, Cuttack, Odisha, India.
PRESENT ADDRESS: Unit-3, Janpath, Bhubaneswa.
TELEPHONE: 0674-2536932 (Res), 9937003777, 9437003777 (Mobile).
E-MAIL ID: email@example.com
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION: Post Graduate
PROFESSION: Politics and busines
TYPE OF PLAYER: Right-hand batsman and right-arm off-break bowler.
* Received the first Ekalabya Award (Citation) in 2993.
* Received the first Maruti Estate-Saheed Sporting Cricketer of the Year Award for the year 1992-93.
FIRST COACH: Kishore Mania
HOME CLUB: Pragati Sporting, Bhubnaeswar
FIRST CLASS: 1987-88 to 1996-97
LIST A: 1990-91 to 1996-97
YOUTH INTERNATIONAL: 1987-88 to 1989-90
BATTING & FIELDING:
FIRST CLASS: 41 matches, 59 innings, 5 not outs, 2170 runs, average 40.18, highest score 160, centuries 5, half-centuries 13, catches 16.
LIST A: 20 matches, 15 innings, 2 not-outs, 281 runs, average 21.61, highest score 53, one half-century and 4 catches.
YOUTH TEST (India u-19): 8 matches, 13 innings, 2 not outs, total 339 runs, highest score 100 not out, average 30.81, one century, two fifties and three catches.
YOUTH ODI (India u-19 and India Young): 8 matches, 8 innings, 0 not out, total 108 runs, highest score 34, average 13.50, six catches.
FIRST CLASS: 41 matches, 1,427 overs, 3,647 runs, 153 wickets, economy 2.55, best bowling in an innings 7/38, average 23.83, five wickets in an innings 13 times, 10 wickets in a match 3 times.
LIST A: 20 matches, 99 overs, 404 runs, 12 wickets, economy 4.09, best bowling in an innings 3/31, best bowling in a match 3/31, average 33.66
YOUTH TEST: (India u-19): 8 matches, 69 overs, 15 maidens, 163 runs, 2 wickets, average 81.50. YOUTH ODI (India u-19 and India Young): 8 matches, 50 overs, 2 maidens, 188 runs, 2 wickets, average 94.00.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
* Appointed manager of the India one-day team for West Indies tour in May 2006.
* Led India under-19 cricket tea against Pakistan in 4 test matches played in India.
* After retiring from domestic cricket in 1997, he become an administrator and was made a member of the selection committee (representing East Zone) in 2005, under Kiran More.
* In 2006, when the committee was re-formed under Dilip Vengsarkar, Ranjib was retained for an additional term in 2006.
* In 2009 Lok Sabha elections, Congress candidate Ranjib contested from Kendrapara seat, but lost to BJD nominee Baijayant Panda by a margin of 1,27,547 votes.
* He was re-elected as president of Orissa Cricket Association on August 17, 2008.
* Earlier in 2004, Ranjib defeated Soumya Ranjan Patnaik, Editor of the Oriya daily, `The Sambad, to become the OCA president for the first time.
* He is also the owner of Oriya daily `The Samay’ .
* Appointed manager of Indian men`s team for 2010 ICC T20 World Cup in West Indies.
* Appointed manager of the Indian men`s team for the 2010 Asia Cup Tournament in Sri Lanka.
* The BCCI nominated him as the chairman of National Cricket Academy on Sept 27, 2012.
* Elected as the new chairman of the Indian Premier League (IPL) Governing Council at Chennai on Sept 30, 2013.
* Elected as a member of Rajya Sabha on Congress ticket, defeating BJD-backed independent candidate and sculptor Raghunath Mohapatra in Bhubaneswar on February 7, 2014.
PROFILE FIRST UPLOADED: June 1, 2009
PROFILE LAST UPDATED: February 10, 2014